Updated: Oct 5, 2019
We created SheMD to raise awareness about the gender disparities that exist in medicine earlier! So that women in medical school and residency and even our pre-med students would be aware of the gender disparities that exist. So we have created a FREE E-book to share with all of you with data and statistics about the gender disparities that women in medicine encounter! We've included the top 5 things that we WISH we had learned while we were in medical school, instead of learning too late, when we launched our careers. If we are going to find gender equality in medicine, we have to start raising awareness in our younger generations to empower change. That is our mission.
So here are the 5 things that we WISH
we knew while we were in medical school:
1. Gender disparities in medical education DO exist.
2. A gender PAY GAP exists in medicine.
3. A gender LEADERSHIP GAP exists in medicine.
4. Work-Life balance does NOT exist in medicine. (We do believe in Work-Life Integration... )
5. Wonder Woman DOES exist in medicine.
If you want to know more about these 5 statements, if you want the nitty-gritty details and some DATA, do not miss out on our free E-book. Get your free copy HERE by subscribing to stay up to date on our AWESOME content!